Upon transition from his post as secretary of U.S. Department of Health & Human Services (HHS), Mike Leavitt put an idea into motion that he believed could bring clarity and value to a rapidly changing U.S. health care system.
The idea was to create a health care intelligence gathering and filtering process modeled after what he observed used in the national intelligence service to advise presidential decision making.
- 2009: Leavitt Partners is founded and headquartered in Salt Lake City, UT
- 2013: Leavitt Partners Founders, Governor Mike Leavitt and Rich McKeown publish Finding Allies, Building Alliances. This book describes their proven process for achieving results through collaboration.
- 2014: Collaborative Advocates is acquired by Leavitt Partners, and the Washington, D.C. office is established
- 2015: Leavitt Equity Partners (LEP) is established
- 2016: Torch Insight, a market-centric healthcare analytics tool, is developed
- 2017: Leavitt Risk Partners (LRP), formally BLISCare, is created and offers the market a unique value-based risk protection product
- 2020: Torch Insight is acquired by Milliman in August 2020
- 2021: Leavitt Partners and Health Management Associates (HMA) come together as one entity