Bringing healthcare policy, strategies, and people together.
Leavitt Partners, an HMA Company, helps clients thrive at the intersection of health care and the federal government. We partner with health care and human services organizations to understand and influence the policy, political, stakeholder, and other dynamics impacting health care. Our team is driven to use our decades of government and private-sector experience to make health care more accessible, effective, equitable, and sustainable.
Leavitt Partners’ History
After serving as Secretary of the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services (2005 to 2009), former Utah Governor Mike Leavitt sought to continue to improve Americans’ health by advancing value and bringing clarity to a rapidly changing U.S. health care system.
Through Governor Leavitt’s experience as Secretary and his observations of presidential decision-making, he knew that the most effective policy decisions were facilitated by merging multiple forms of intelligence. So, he launched a service to gather and synthesize high-quality health care intelligence to support strategic decision-making for federal policy and market purposes. This was the beginning of Leavitt Partners.
Over the years, Leavitt Partners evolved into a leading health care policy and market consulting firm that is now part of Health Management Associates (HMA).
- 2009: Leavitt Partners is founded and headquartered in Salt Lake City, UT
- 2013: Leavitt Partners Founders, Governor Mike Leavitt and Rich McKeown publish Finding Allies, Building Alliances. This book describes their proven process for achieving results through collaboration.
- 2014: Collaborative Advocates is acquired by Leavitt Partners, and the Washington, D.C. office is established
- 2015: Leavitt Equity Partners (LEP) is established
- 2016: Torch Insight, a market-centric healthcare analytics tool, is developed
- 2017: Leavitt Risk Partners (LRP), formally BLISCare, is created and offers the market a unique value-based risk protection product
- 2020: Torch Insight is acquired by Milliman in August 2020
- 2021: Leavitt Partners and Health Management Associates (HMA) come together as one entity