Who We Are
Leavitt Partners, a leading consulting firm, is at the forefront of navigating change in healthcare. We provide a holistic view of economic, market, delivery system, public policy, and political influences impacting healthcare, helping clients successfully navigate from today’s uncertainty to tomorrow’s prosperity. The firm provides clients with investment support, member-based alliances, and strategic advisory services, striving to make health more accessible, effective, and sustainable.
Upon transition from his post as secretary of U.S. Department of Health & Human Services (HHS), Mike Leavitt put an idea into motion that he believed could bring clarity and value to a rapidly changing U.S. health care system.
The idea was to create a health care intelligence gathering and filtering process modeled after what he observed used in the national intelligence service to advise presidential decision making.
- 2009: Leavitt Partners is founded and headquartered in Salt Lake City, UT
- 2013: Leavitt Partners Founders, Governor Mike Leavitt and Rich McKeown publish Finding Allies, Building Alliances. This book describes their proven process for achieving results through collaboration.
- 2014: Collaborative Advocates is acquired by Leavitt Partners, and the Washington, D.C. office is established
- 2015: Leavitt Equity Partners (LEP) is established
- 2016: Torch Insight, a market-centric healthcare analytics tool, is developed
- 2017: Leavitt Risk Partners (LRP), formally BLISCare, is created and offers the market a unique value-based risk protection product
- 2020: Torch Insight is acquired by Milliman in August 2020
- 2021: Leavitt Partners and Health Management Associates (HMA) come together as one entity