Towards Recovery and Restoration: Policy Recommendations to Improve the Care of Individuals Living with Long-COVID
The COVID Patient Recovery Alliance released an interim report, “Towards Recovery and Restoration: Policy Recommendations to Improve the Care of Individuals Living with Long-COVID.” The Alliance’s interim report offers more than two dozen federal policy recommendations and actionable steps Congress and the Administration can take to empower the health care sector to provide comprehensive, high-quality care and ongoing support to individuals suffering from long-COVID. The recommendations are organized into two domains of focus: models of care and payment systems. Recommendations to Congress and the Administration focus on:
- Supporting the important role of primary care and other providers;
- Optimizing care for the underserved;
- Promoting ongoing research and education;
- Supporting analysis of health care coverage sources;
- Paying for high-value care delivery; and,
- Leveraging tools and authorities of the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services.